Raw papaya is considered to be a low fat healthy vegetable fruit. It has a lot of health benefits starting from – its good for your stomach to cure intestine bacteria infection, then helps out for indigestion problem. We usually have Papaya as a salad but here we will make it in a very Indian style yet not compromising with its nutritional value.
- 500 gms Raw Papaya / kacha Papita
- 2 Medium sized Onions
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilies
- 250 gms Carrot
- ½ Cup Chopped Capsicum (Optinal)
- ½ tsp Shahi Jeera / Black Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 2 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Wash and peel off the outer skin of Papaya, Carrot and Ginger.
- Grate and mix all the three together.
- Heat some Oil in a non stick frying pan and then add to it Cumin seeds.
- Let them to splatter, and then add chopped Onions.
- Over the Onions add chopped green chilies and Cloves.
- After frying the onions for a while add grated Ginger and keep on frying till the onions turn golden brown.
- Now add the grated Papaya, Carrot, Salt, and Turmeric Powder and keep on stirring and sautéing for about 10 minutes till the veggies get tender. ( You can sprinkle a little water for moisture or even if you feel the Papaya and Carrot are still raw in taste )
- Now sprinkle the Garam Masala and Shahi Jeera over it and mixing properly cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with Roti, Paratha or Bread.
- You can even add Capsicum along with Carrot in Papaya fry. It too tastes awesome.
For any further clarification please do watch the video.