Mooli Parantha or roti is an authentic Punjabi cuisine. Its a stuffed flat Indian bread mixed with spices and herbs.It is usually taken with Yoghurt or Pickle as your lunch or breakfast.There can bemade lots of variations in this recipe,that means instead of Radish / Mooli other vegetables like Cauliflower, fresh feenugreek leaves stuffing can also be made.
• 2 Cups Wheat flour
• 2 Medium sized Radish / Mooli
• 1 tsp Cumin seed / Jeera
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp Oil
• Ghee as much required
• 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Aamchoor Powder
• Water as per required
• 1 inch Ginger
• 2 to 3 Green Chilies
• 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
1. Wash and peel the Mooli and then shred it using a food processor or hand grater.
2. Similarly grate the pieces of Ginger too.
3. Chop the chilies in small pieces.
4. Chop bunch of Coriander leaves to about one tablespoon.
5. Now mix all the above grated and chopped ingredients with whole wheat flour along with Cumin seed, Dry Mango powder and Oil.
6. Knead his into a dough adding water only when required.
7. Now take a portion of the dough about the size of a tennis ball and roll it out in a Roti with the help of a rolling pin.
8. Drop the made Roti on a hot griddle or tawa.
9. Roast the Roti on both sides adding a teaspoon of ghee on every side.
10. Serve hot with Yoghurt or Pickle.
• For making the Roti or Paratha more healthy you can use Olive Oil instead of ghee.