Water Chestnut or Sighara as called in Indian Hindi language is a very important food item during the vrat or fasting days. A lots of recipes are prepared out of this fruit used most commonly in form of flour.
Ingredients: (Serve for 2)
- 1 Cup Singhare ka Atta / Water Chestnut Flour
- ½ cup or 5 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Desi Ghee / Clarified Butter
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom powder
- 50gms Grated Coconut
- 50gms Raisins
- 50gms Cashew nuts
- 1 Cup Water
- In a pan roast the Singhara Atta till it gets light brownish in color and an appetizing aroma comes out of it.
- Now add the ghee to it and keep on sautéing it again for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the water along with Sugar and Dry Fruits.
- Keep on stirring till the water gets absorbed and the Halwa turns non sticky.
- Sprinkle the Green Cardamom Powder.
- Serve garnished with Dry Fruits.
Roasting the Flour before adding Ghee helps to prevent lumps in the Halwa.For any further clarification please do watch the video.