Rava Dosa is a simple easy to make recipe best when eaten fresh for your breakfast.These crispy Cheela or Dosa can be enjoyed with Tomato or Coconut chutney.
- 1 cup Semolina / Suji
- 1 cup Rice flour / Chawal ka Atta
- 1/2 cup Refined flour / Maida
- Salt to taste / Namak swad anusar
- 1/2 tsp Chilli paste / Hari mirch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1 tsp Coriander chutney or 1 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander / Dhaniya
- 5-7 curry leaves / Kadi patta
- 2 finely chopped Onion / Pyaz
- 5 cup Water
- Oil for roasting
- In a big mixing bowl add Semolina ,Rice flour,Refined flour ,Chilli paste,Coriander,Cumin,Curry leaves and about 2 cups of Water.
- Make a lump free paste like consistency batter stirring continuously while adding Water.And then add two cups of more Water along with Salt and Onion.
- Keep covered aside for about 15 minutes to let the Semolina bloom.
- Now giving it a stir add 1 cup more Water to get a thin Lassi like consistency.
- Heat your Tawa / Griddle to medium and then using a big spoon ladle pour the batter over the Tawa,first around the corners and then in the middle.
- After a 1-2 minutes using a spoon or brush spread Oil all over and over the edges.
- Cook over a medium until it leaves sides and gets crispy golden brown beneath.It can take 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- More thinner batter more crispy Dosa.
- Besides Onion you can add more your choice of finely chopped vegetables.
- Slowly little at a time add Water to make smooth lump free batter.
- If your batter is thick you won’t get pores in the Dosa.
- Only when hot Rawa Dosa is seems crispy.