Make a simple Soyabean Aloo sabji super tasty as any restaurant or Dhaba style in simple and easy way.
- 2 cup Soya Nuggets/ Soya chunks
- 3 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 2 tbsp Oil / Tel
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / Zeera
- 2 Onion / Pyaz
- 1 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1 tsp Garlic paste / Lasan
- 1/4 tsp Cloves powder / Loung
- 2-3 Green chillies / Hari mirch
- 1/4 tsp Black cardamom powder / Badi elachi
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder / Dalchini
- 1 tsp Kashmir red chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1 tsp Coriander powder / Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 tbsp fresh Coriander / Hara dhaniya
- 1/2 tbsp Dry Fenugreek / Kasoori methi
- 1 cup Tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- Peel and cut Potatoes in cubes.Rinse couple of times to remove any dirt.
- Keep Soya chunks in boiled hot Water for about 15 minutes and then rinse it again with clean water .Squeeze out all the Water from soya chunks and keep it aside for a while
- In a pressure cooker heat Oil.In the hot Oil add Cumin seeds and let it to crackle for a while over low.Add the chopped Onions.
- Sauté the Onions over medium till translucent or golden brown.Now add Ginger-Garlic paste and sauté again over low for a minute.
- Add chopped Potatoes.Saute till golden brownish or till 50% cooked.
- In between add powdered cloves,Salt and chopped green chillies.
- After we are done with Potatoes put heat to a low add Kashmiri red chilli powder,Turmeric,Coriander,Cardamom and Cinnamon.
- Within 30-40 seconds now add Soya nuggets and continue sauting for 2-3 minutes.
- After this add Tomato purée now cook over medium till tomato changes colour or completely gets mixed.
- Add about 2 cups of Water.Add Garam masala,chopped Coriander and Kasoori methi.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles or 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure settle down then open and serve with prkeferably rice or roti.
- Depending on how much gravy or curry you want in your Sabzi or how much thick or thin you want your curry to be add Water accordingly.
- Don’t add too much Water before pressure cooking to avoid Water Split while pressure cooking.