This spiral Samosa has a twist not only in terms of design but taste too. These Aloo mutter samosas you can enjoy on the go follow the recipe and see yourself.
Ingredients:- ( Serves 5 )
- 1 cup Refined flour / APF / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 4 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1/4 cup Water / Pani
- 2 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1 Onion / Pyaz
- 1-2 Chillies / Hari mirch
- 1/2 tsp grated Ginger / Adrakh
- Salt to taste Namak swad anusar
- 1/2 cup Peas / Matar
- 1 Capsicum / Shimla mirch
- 1/2 cup thinly diced Carrot / Gajar
- 3 medium boiled Potatoes / Aloo
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2- 1 tsp Red chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1-2 tsp Coriander chutney / Dhaniya
- 1-2 tsp Khatti methi Tamarind chutney / Imli chutney
- To make the dough in a bowl mix flour,Salt and Oil.
- Then gradually adding water make a stiff dough.
- Apply a little bit of oil over the dough and keep it covered to rest for about 15 minutes.
- To make the stuffing heat the oil and then keep it over a low adding cumin seeds. Let the seeds to crackle for few seconds and then add thinly chopped onions over it.
- Sauté Onion over medium-high in between adding chopped chillies.grated Ginger and Salt.
- And then add Peas,Capsicum and Carrot.Saute on medium-high till shrinked or soft.
- Now drop in mashed or diced boiled Potatoes and spices-Turmeric,Chilli powder and Garam Masala keeping heat over low.
- Also Coriander chutney and Tamarind chutney.Well mix everything together and our stuffing is ready.
- Keeping stuffing to cool down divide dough in five equal portions.Roll out each in oblong somewhat rectangle shape sheet which is neither thick nor too thin.While rolling out the sheet you can sprinkle little dry flour if required
- Now keeping the made stuffing on one one end of the sheet apply little water on the edges then roll it inward halfway closing and sealing the sides.
- On the other half part make slits halfway not upto the end or border of the sheet.Apply Water to the other half part also and then completely roll in to close the Samosa
- Fry the spiral Samosa in a medium hot oil add a medium heat till they are crisp and golden.
- Strain out over a tissue paper and enjoy hot.
- If you are adding diced boiled Potatoes mash them a little with back of your spatula.So they don’t seem too mushy .