Mango also known as the king of fruits is used for preparing various delicious dishes ranging from juices, jam and jelly to chutneys and murabbas. It is prepared and relished in all forms be it raw or ripe. It has a very special taste in its every form starting from being sour when its raw to sweet & sour when its semi ripe to sweet when ripe and every stage has got a recipe dedicated to it. This dish is made with sweet’n sour mangoes
Ingredients (Serving 4) :
- 2 Big sized Raw Mangoes (The mangoes must be neither too raw or too ripe)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Few Raisins / kishmish
- Little Grated Coconut
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Pwdr
- 6 to 8 Peppercorn
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom Pwdr
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp or 1 Cup Jaggery
- ¼ tsp Fennel Seeds /Saunf
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seed / Methi Dana
- ¼ tsp Nigella/ Kalonji
- ¼ tsp wild celery/Radhuni
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1 to 2 Cups of Water
- Wash peel and cut the mangoes in long pieces.
- Take avessel and heat oil in it.
- Addpeppercorns, as they start crackling add pieces of mango.
- Sautefor a while and then add jaggery, water, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder to it.
- Let it cook on medium flame for 5 minutes and then add Raisins plus grated coconut to it.
- Mean while roast the 5 whole spices that are Fennel Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Nigella,Wild Celery seeds and Cumin seeds.
- Coolthem down and make a coarse powder in a mortar.
- Sprinkle this spice powder over the chutney.
- Serve hot or cold
- Prepare the recipe in a no stick pan.