A delicious easy to make tangy and spicy Tomato chutney with Onions and Garlic that goes well with any thing from rice,paratha or dosa.
- 2 cup Tomato pulp / Tamatar
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Heeng
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Onion / Pyaz
- 1-2 tsp Red Kashmiri Chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / Zeera
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds / Rai
- 1/2 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
- 8-10 Curry leaves / Kadi patta
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Tamarind juice / Imli
- Heat Oil.In hot Oil add Heeng,Zeera,Rai,Kalonji.Let it crackle on low few seconds.
- Add finely chopped Onion.Saute till golden brown.
- Add Curry leaves,Ginger-Garlic paste.Saute on low 2 minutes.
- Add Red chilli powder.Stir and within few seconds did Tomato pulp.
- Stirring occasionally cook on medium till colour change.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Tamatar chutney is ready.Serve as a side dish with Dosa or Paratha.
- Avoid adding Water to the chutney which may decreases its life.
- You can refrigerate the chutney for a week.