Turmeric milk also known as golden milk in Ayurveda is a good immune booster loaded with some essential herbs and spices which not only boost your immunity but also help to regulate other human disorders like blood sugar,blood pressure,weight,heart burn,cough and cold.
Ingredients:- ( Serves 2 )
- 2 cup Milk / Doodh
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon / Dalchini
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil / Nariyal tel
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2 tsp Basil seeds / Sabja
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper / Kali mirch
- 1-2 tsp Honey / Shahad
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 tsp thinly sliced Almonds / Badam
- Keep milk to boil.Add all the ingredients except last three and keep on whisking the milk.
- After milk starts boiling simmer it for couple of minutes.
- Put off the stove and then add Honey and cream.
- Mix ,strain,garnish with almonds and serve warm.
- Use any Milk of your choice.
- Here we have used double toned milk ,so to thicken it we are using cream.If you are already using full fat milk you are not required to add cream.
- Instead of Basil seeds you can even use fresh Basil / Tulsi leaves.
- Whisk avoids milk to stick to bottom.
- Instead of Turmeric powder you can even use fresh Turmeric.
- Instead of Coconut oil you can add Olive oil or butter.