Make veg buns in a different shape and design.
Ingredients:- ( Serves 8-12 )
- 2 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 1 tsp Dry active Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Honey / Shahad
- 1 cup warm Water / Garam pani
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar / Cheeni
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1/4 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds / Dhaniya
- 2 Onions / Pyaz
- 1/2 cup Peas / Matar
- 4 boiled Potatoes / Aloo
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1/2 tsp Chilli paste / Mirchi
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Mango powder / Aamchur
- Salt to taste / Namak swad anusar
- Some cheese
- Add flour into a bowl,mix Salt.Now make a space in the centre,drop yeast and Honey -mix..
- Add little warm Water over yeast-honey to activate yeast.Mix and then incorporate this into the flour gradually adding the warm Water to make a soft sticky dough.
- Sprinkling some dry flour and knead stretching the dough for 10-15 minutes till smooth.
- Now add in butter.Keep the dough to proof in a greased bowl covered with a cling film to rest in a warm place for 90 minutes to 2 hours depending on weather of your place.
- For stuffing in hot Oil add Cumin,Nigella and Coriander seeds.Let it to crackle over low few seconds and then add chopped Onion.
- Sauté Onion till translucent stirring occasionally and then add peas,Salt,Ginger and Chilli paste.
- Within few seconds of adding ginger-chilli drop mashed boiled Potatoes.
- Now add all the remaining spices along with Salt ,mix and just within 10 minutes our stuffing for Buns gets ready.
- After 2 hours dough has beautifully risen.Sprinkle dry flour and knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8-12 dough balls.Flat the dough balls and drop some shredded cheese on top.Next 1-2 teaspoons of made stuffing.
- Twist and close the dough balls and then place into a greased muffin mould.
- Again cover the stuffed dough balls with a cling film to rest and proof in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Brush with sweet milk and bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes.Over gas stove bake at medium-high for same 29-25 minutes.
- Take out and cover the buns with a wet cloth till they come down to room temperature.
- For strings use Mozzarellas cheese.
- To bake over a gas stove add about a cup of Salt to a big vessel like Kadhai .Closing it with a lid, let it preheat over low for at least 10 minutes.Then keeping a stand place your baking dish over it.
- To get a golden crust for your buns before baking brush them with sweet milk which is 1 tablespoon milk mixed with 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Covering the buns with wet cloth ensures soft buns.