A healthy tasty option not only as a snack but also can be had as a breakfast.
Ingredients:- ( Serve 20-22 )
- 2 cup Whole Wheat flour / Atta
- 1/2 tsp or as per taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda / Meetha soda
- 1 big Potato / Aloo
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain
- About 1 cup Water / Pani
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1 tsp more Oil / Tel
- 2 tbsp Cauliflower / Gobi
- 2 tbsp Capsicum / Shimla mirch
- 1 Onion / Pyaz
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrakh
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Chilli paste / Hari Mirch
- 2 tbsp chopped Peas / Matar
- 2 tbsp shredded Carrot / Gajar
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- Salt to taste / Namak swad anusar
- 2 tbsp fresh Coriander / Hara dhaniya
- 1 tsp Mango powder / Aamchur
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder / Jeera powder
2-3 TBSP OIL TO SHALLOW FRY
- Knead the flour into a soft dough with water adding salt,baking powder,carrom seeds,oil and potato.
- Apply about a teaspoon of oil over the dough and then keep it covered to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To make the filling for the Tikki in a bowl add and mix Cauliflower,Capsicum, onion, carrot, peas, ginger paste,Chilli paste,fresh coriander.and Oil
- Then drop in Salt,Cumin and Mango powder.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts keeping one aside covered till we are working on another one.
- Spread the dough into a big sheet or a roti which is neither too thick nor too thin dusting dry flour over it if required.
- Spread about 5 to 6 tablespoons of the made filling on the sheet leaving the edges. Give it the light press to fix the filling 😃
- Now tightly roll in the sheet.Roll the made log to make it more long sealing both ends.
- Divide in equal parts and make each of them flat using your palm in shape of a Tikki.
- Shallow fry both sides ( It’s will take 12-15 minutes approx) over a medium heat adding Oil in an open pan till crisp golden brown.
- Serve hot with sauce or Chutney.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes before keeping it to rest.
- First adding Oil to the veggies helps in retaining water in them and avoids release of water when Salt is added.
- If the made sheet is too thick Tikki’s will remain raw inside and if it is too thin the sheet might tear off while working on it.
- It takes 10-15 minutes to shallow fry the Tikki ‘s.
- You can half way shallow fry the Tikki ‘s and then let them cool down before putting in zip lock bag to freeze.Take out an hour before you shallow fry them again to serve.