Daliya is made of broken wheat, its very healthy to have this for your breakfast. Usually its prepared adding milk and sugar but you can also have daliya in form of pulao, Khichadi or upma adding lot of veggies that makes it even more good for you as a diet. Here we will be making Daliya in a very different way this recipe will be defiantly cherished by your kids.
Ingredients (Serving 4 ) :
- 300 gms or 1 ½ Cup Daliya / Cracked Wheat
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- ½ inch Ginger & 4 Garlic to make Paste
- 2 finely chopped Green Chilies
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Big Onion
- Salt to taste
- ½ Cup Green Peas
- ½ Cup Length size chopped Carrot
- 1 Medium Capsicum Chopped
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Beans
- 1 Big Tomatoes
- Dhania / Coriander Leaves for garnish
- 3 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Wash the Daliya and clean and cut the vegetables.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat Oil in it.
- As the Oil gets hot add Cumin seeds in it and let them to splatter, then add Onions.
- When the Onion starts turning transparent we will add Ginger & Garlic paste along with Green chilies. Sauté this and then add all the cut veggies.
- We will again sauté them for couple of minutes and then add Tomatoes in it.
- After mixing well add Daliya – sauté again for a while. ( Be careful that the Daliya doesn’t stick to the base or burn.)
- Now pour Water add salt and Garam Masal mixing properly all the ingredients.
- Close the pressure cooker lid now and give about 3 whistles.
- Serve hot in breakfast or lunch.
- If you add less water the Daliya preparation will seem as a Pulao and if you add a bit more water it will give you a khichadi flavor.
- You can enjoy Daliya Pulao along with Pickle
- You can also add any kind of Dal / Lentil to it if you want to make it more healthy.
- For children you can omit out chili or add Turmeric powder instead of Garam Masala.
For any further clarification please do watch the video.