Make special winter sabji with all the flavours of winter ,this vegetable curry called Mong kali is a curry from Kashmiri.
- 250 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 2 – 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso tel
- Salt to taste
- 2 pods Black cardamom / Badi elachi
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick / Dalchini
- 2-3 cloves / Loung
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 2 Kohlrabi / Ganth gobi
- 1 big Potato / Aloo
- 1 cup Peas / Matar
- 1 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 2 slit green chillies / Hari mirch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder / Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Dry Ginger powder / Saunth
- 1 tsp full heaped Fennel seed powder / Saunf powder
- Remove skin and cut the Ganth Gobi in cubes discarding the top portion of the vegetable.
- Heat Mustard Oil till smokey and then add cubes of paneer.Fry them till golden brown,then strain it out.Keep immersed in Water .
- Keeping heat low in the remaining Oil add crushed black Cardamom,Cinnamon, Cloves and Asafoetida.
- Now within a minute add Ganth Gobi cubes.Stir fry over medium-high till light golden brownish in between also add Salt.
- Next let’s add Potato cut in cubes.Continue frying till Potato gets tender.
- Add Peas and continue stir frying for 2-3 minutes.Add 3-4 cups of Water and Paneer with its water..
- Drop in spices – Haldi,Saunth,Saunf and Zeera powder.Give a light stir and pressure cook for 5 minutes or till 5-6 whistles.
- At last you can add slit green chillies to make it slight spicy.
- Serve hot with Rice.
- Keeping fried Paneer immersed in Water keeps it soft.