This butterscotch cake is made using an eggless Apple cake made in a Kadhai.
PRALINE / CHIKKI
- 1 cup Walnut kernel
- 1 tbsp Salted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup or 60 gm Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon / Dalchini
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup Non diary whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Butterscotch sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- Roast walnut kernels for couple of minutes over low heat.
- Break them in small pieces using mortar pestle or chopper.
- On other side add butter to a heavy bottom vessel along with sugar.Keep in low.
- Till sugar starts melting don’t stir.
- Now when the sugar completely melts add the broken walnut pieces,give it a stir completely coating the pieces and below put off the heat.( Be very quick while doing this. )
- Immediately drop and level the made mix flat over a greased surface.
- When this cools down break part of made chikki into small squares and remaining into small pieces.
- For butterscotch sauce again add sugar to a heavy bottom pan and let it to melt over low without stirring.
- When the sugar starts boiling give it a stir removing from stove.
- Add butter,cream,cinnamon and vanilla.
- Give it a stir and boil for just 2-3 minutes.And the sauce is ready.
- Whip chilled whipping cream keeping over a ice bath adding butterscotch sauce until the cream starts holding its shape.
- Now time to decorate the cake for that slice the cake horizontally into three equal parts.
- Drop just a little cream on your cake board and place the first sliced cake piece over it.
- Next make a sugar syrup and generously sprinkle it over the cake slice.Drop a dollop of cream over the cake piece and with the help of your offset spatula level and smooth the cream.
- Sprinkle some small praline pieces and place the second slice .
- Repeat the step again.
- Now over the top layer after applying cream all over the cake keep it to chill for 15-20 minutes
- Next using spoon or piping bag drop sauce along the top edge of the cake to get a spilling design effect.
- Using nozzle number N2 you can draw thin lines and using nozzle number N12 make shells.
- Decorate further with made square chikki pieces.
- Your Apple butterscotch cake is ready.
- Usually butterscotch sauce is made using brown sugar but that tastes much stronger than the one made using white sugar.
- Butterscotch sauce becomes thicker when it cools down,so boil accordingly.