Fafda is a popular gujrati snack made at every street corner in areas of Gujrat .A simple recipe easy to make served usually with sweet Jalebi,Come let’s enjoy.
Ingredients:- ( Serves 8 )
- 1 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1/2 tsp or Salt to taste
- 1/3 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- A pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- About 1/4 cup Water / Pani
- 2+1/2 tbsp Oil / Tel
- Oil to fry
- In a bowl add then mix Gram flour,Salt,Baking soda,Carom seeds,Asafoetida and Oil.
- After properly mixing and rubbing the Oil in the flour add Water to it little at a time.
- We will make a dough neither too hard nor too soft adding about 1/4 cup of Water.
- Continue kneading dough 5-7 minutes and then keep it covered to rest for a bout 30 minutes.
- After this divide the dough into small a long portions to make fa make Fafda.
- Keep the oblong dough portion vertically on the rolling board and using heel of your palm apply little pressure to stretch out the Fafda.keep it as thin as possible.
- You can scrape it out using a knife.
- Now drop the Fafda in hot Oil to fry over medium heat till golden brown and crispy.
- After it’s done strain out over a Paper towel.
- Enjoy hot with a pickle or chilli chutney.
- You can crush the Carom seeds before adding for better flavour.
- While stretching the Fafda with palm stretch it carefully,apply equal pressure.Applying too much pressure might tear of the Fafda dough.
- If you are not comfortable using authentic traditional methods of stretching with palm use rolling pin.
- After some time flip the Fafda in between while frying to fry evenly over both sides.