Learn how to make quick crispy instant Potato chips with some easy steps .
- New winter Potatoes or Chandramukhi or Chipsona
- Salt to taste
- Chilled water
- Oil to fry
- Some seasonings to sprinkle
- Wash and peel the Potatoes.
- Slice the Potatoes in Water and then rinse the slices thoroughly twice throwing away the Water.
- Keep the Potato slices soaked in a bowl of chilled water adding about a teaspoon of Salt.
- Keep the bowl in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Next take out the bowl from fridge throw away the water and spread the slices over a cotton cloth to dry under the fan for about an hour.
- After this fry them in hot Oil over low heat till crispy golden.
- Strain the Potato chips over a sieve or a colander .
- When still hot sprinkle your choice of seasoning.
- Serve or store.
- Slice the Potatoes from oblong side to get bigger chips
- Don’t keep the potato slices to dry for more than an hour otherwise they might turn black because of oxidation.
- Don’t fry too many chips at once because they might clump up.
- Straining out the chips over a tissue might turn them soggy.