These crispy soft Sabudana vadas are usually made during up as or Vrat period.But these are so delicious you will be tempted to make them anytime.
Ingredients :- ( Serves 12 )
- 1 cup Sago / Sabudana
- 2 sweet Potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Chilli paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1 tbsp green Coriander leaves / Dhaniya
- 2 tbsp Ground nut powder / Moongphali
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- Oil for frying
- Thoroughly wash Sabudana three to four times to take out most of its starch.
- Keep It immersed soaked in water for about 5 hours.
- After that completely strain out the water from the Sabudana and add it to a bowl along with boiled sweet potatoes and rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and mash everything together into a smooth dough.
- Pinch out a small lemon size portion from the made dough make it in round shape.Fry them in hot Oil over medium till golden brown and strain out over a paper towel.
- Making a tikki or patties shape you can even shallow fry them in a non stick pan with just a tablespoon of Oil over medium heat flipping in between till golden brown.
- Serve hot with curd or green chutney.
- You can use any type of Sabudana for making vada.