Make and fall in love you all food lovers with hot tandoori Rotis or Indian bread made in your own home kitchen. They are too simple to make and can be even be baked over a Tawa or the hot griddle but here we have tried to make them in Microwave Convection Mode and believe me they have come out superb.Serve them with your delicious chicken curry or if you are a veggie then paneer masala of sure .
• 2 Cups All purpose Flour / Maida
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Sugar
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp Oil / Margarine or butter
• 1 Cup Warm Milk
• 4 tbsp Curd or yoghurt
• Warm Water
• 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and add oil,Milk and Yoghurt to it.
2. Now adding warm water as much required knead it into a soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it to set overnight or for 8 hours.
4. Divide the dough into equal sized tennis shaped balls and roll them out into Rotis of about 5 inch in diameter and 1/2 a inch in thickness.
5. Sprinkle some Poppy seeds over it and bake it on the lower rank of an preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for about 5 minutes and then on high rank under the grill for another 5 minutes.
6. Apply some butter and serve hot with your chosen curry.
1. If you are baking the Tandoori Roti in an OTG place it on a middle rank for about 10 to 12 minutes.