Aam Panna | Aam Panna Drink | Raw Mango Drink |Real Aam Panna | Pudina Aam Panna | Kairi Aam Panna | Aam panna is also called as Aam jhora or Aam Panha.Aam Panna is a healthy Indian homemade refreshing summer cool drink mixed with some healthy spices and herbs. Indian summer is from the month of April-June and that is the season of raw Mangoes which are even called as Keri or Kari.You can find them plenty in the market. Aam Panna is made in two ways one is to steam, boil or pressure cook method and the other is roasted using raw or semi-raw Mangoes which are slightly sweet and sour. Also avoid Mango which has fiber for the Panna recipe.
Difference between two types of Aam panna recipes
Originally or traditionally Aam Panna was made by roasting the Mangoes which gives it a distinctive tandoori flavor roasted Mangoes but now with time people have adopted the method of boiling the Mangoes to make them soft.
What is Aam panna
Aam Panna is a tangy drink made during the summers, mostly made in all the hot regions of India be it north, south, or west but with some here and their variations in the spices. To be precise Aam Panna is not itself a drink but a concentrated paste that can be even stored in a refrigerator or freezer and used to make a glass of panna drink when you want with added ice cubes and cold water.
Health benefits of Aam panna
why Aam Panna is considered as a healthy drink? Simply because it actually helps a lot in summers to rejuvenate and refresh our body after a hot day out in the sun. As Aam Panna is made with raw or semi-raw Mango its rich in vitamin C. So this raw Mango panna drink helps to fight indigestion and heat stroke. And if you make Aam Panna using jaggery as a sweetener instead of sugar you get extra benefit of Iron which is found in jaggery.
The sweetener used for Aam Panna
For sweetness, you can add anything to Aam panna starting from Sugar, Jaggery, and maple syrup to even agave or stevia. But yes taste and color of the Panna drink might vary because of the sweetener used. So ultimately it totally depends of your own choice and liking.
How to make Aam panna
Some steam boil or pressure cook the mangoes without removing skin and after they get tender, skin is removed. We find this method to be messy.So we prefer to remove the skin prior to boiling or pressure cooking it but the same case doesn’t apply to the rotating method. Remove the skin only after roasting the Mangoes for Aam Panna.
Aam Panna | Aam Panna Drink | Raw Mango Drink |Real Aam Panna | Pudina Aam Panna | Kairi Aam Panna | Aam panna .For summers you can also try out some more coolers which can be easily made and like Mango lassi, Three flavor of sattu , Ice fruit tea, Cold coffee , Three in one shake and the list goes on.
TRENDING SWEET RECIPES
Video of Real Aam Panna
Recipe card of Real Aam Panna
Aam Panna | Aam Panna Drink | Raw Mango Drink |Real Aam Panna | Pudina Aam Panna | Kairi Aam Panna
- 2 Half ripe Mangoes / Khatti Mithi Keri
- 1/2 cup Water / Pani
- 1/2 cup Sugar / Jaggery
- 1/2 tsp Black salt / Kala namak
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds / Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- 1/4 tsp green Cardamom / Hari elaechi
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mint Pudina
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrakh
- 1 tsp roasted Cumin / Zeera
- Some Mint leaves
- Some Ice / Burf
- Chilled Water / Pani
- Peel and separate out the mango pulp leaving the seed aside.
- In a pressure cooker add the pulp along with Water and Sugar.
- Pressure cook for 5-6 whistles.Let this to cool down
- Pulp gets soft.add this to mixer grinder along with Black salt,Salt, Fennel seeds,Pepper, green Cardamom, Mint, Ginger and roasted Cumin..
- Blend into a paste.
- Add about 2 teaspoon of this made concentrate paste in a glass with some ice cubes and chilled water.
- Mix and garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy.
• You can store this Aam Panna paste in an air-tight container in the fridge for 15-20 days and in freezer for about a month.
• If your Mango isn’t too sour you can add some lemon juice to it.
How To Make Roasted Tandori Aam Panna
Video How To Make Roasted Tandori Aam Panna
Recipe Roasted Tandori Aam Panna
Roasted Tandoori Aam Panna
- 5 Big Sweet & Sour Mangoes / Kaccha Paka Aam
- 1 Lemon / Nimbu
- 1 Cup Sugar / Cheeni
- 1 Cup Water / Pani
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrakh
- 1 Tsp roasted Cumin / Bhuna Zeera
- 1 Tsp dry Mint / Pudina
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel seeds / Saunf
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- 1/2 Tsp Black salt / Kala namak
- Roast the Mangoes over a stove till the skin charred.
- Cool and peel off the skin.
- Cut out the Mango pulp and add it to the mixer grinder.
- Adding Ginger, Cumin, Mint, Black salt, Pepper and Fennel seeds to it.
- Grind into a smooth puree.
- In a vessel add Sugar and water then cook it till the Sugar completely melts.
- Add the made Mango purée to this and cook it over medium to high heat stirring continuously till this mix gets thick or you get one thread consistency.
- Let this Mango Panna concentrate cool down and then you can store it in the refrigerator filled in a sterilized glass bottle for about a month without adding any preservative.
- To make the Aam Panna drink.
- And to make the drink add Aam Panna concentrate, ice and chilled water in a glass and give it a stir. Garnish with some fresh mint and a lemon slice.