Appam is a South Indian Dosa type recipe usually made using rice but we will make it a instant version by using Suji / Semolina
Ingredients:- ( Serve 7 )
- 1 cup Semolina / Suji
- 1/4 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Dry instant yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 cup warm Water
- 1/2 cup normal Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Curd / Dahi
- Little Oil or Butter ( Optional )
- Mix semolina, Refined flour, sugar Yeast all together in a bowl
- Now adding 1 cup of warm water mix making a loose dough like consistency.
- Cover and keep it in a warm place for about an hour.
- Now you will find the batter a little more thick and coarse.At this point adding salt blend it using hand blender or a mixer grinder into a smooth paste.
- Add Curd and half cup of Water to make a batter of dropping consistency just like Dosa batter.
- Heat and sprinkle little Oil over the skillet.Drop a ladle full of batter over it and let it dry or cook over medium heat.
- It takes about 5 minutes to cook.After done remove over a cloth.
- Serve Appam with any curry or chutney of your choice.
- After holes start appearing over the Appam cover it with lid for less than a minute for faster cooking.if you cover it more than required time moisture will accumulate and you won’t get holes in Appam .