Hari matar ka nimona | matar ka nimona banane ki recipe | matar ka nimona kaise banaya jata hai | matar ka nimona banane ka tarika | hare matar ka nimona kaise banta hai | matar ka nimona banana bataiye | hara matar ka nimona kaise banta hai | Matar ka nimona banana sikhaiye | Spicy masala UP style potato peas curry | matar ka Nimona is a green pea curry a Nimona sabji, a popular Nimona dish
What is Nimona
Nimona is said to be a winter recipe made from fresh vegetables. It can also be a type of stew.
What is Matar Ka Nimona
Hare matar ka nimona is an authentic Indian curry recipe that is said to hail from UP and Bihar.It is a kind of Indian sabji recipe that holds a special place in the heart of many food lovers.
Different Types of Matar Ka Nimona
Matar ka nimona is such a recipe that is being passed from generations and so in this coarse has adopted to many variations in the addition of spices and other ingredients in it. Our research says that mainly there are three variations of Matar ka nimona recipe – one UP (Uttar Pradesh ) style Matar ka nimona, second Bihari Matar ka nimona and the third is Banarsi Matar nimona of Banaras that also in UP itself.
Now Matar ka nimona is also made without Potatoes / Aloo.For the UP style Matar ka nimona recipe we have added fried Potatoes to the gravy.Instead of Potatoes, Urad dal masala vadi can also be added.Other than this adding Onion is also optional.You can still get awesome taste by just adding Garlic.Spices remain common in almost all variations like Cumin, Garam masala and Coriander.
WHEN TO HAVE MATAR KA NIMONA
It’s best to make Matar ka nimona in winters when you get fresh Peas, although you can make this Peas curry of matar nimona using frozen peas but with fresh peas nimona recipe tastes superb.
Hari matar ka nimona | matar ka nimona banane ki recipe | matar ka nimona kaise banaya jata hai | matar ka nimona banane ka tarika | hare matar ka nimona kaise banta hai | matar ka nimona banana bataiye | hara matar ka nimona kaise banta hai | Matar ka nimona banana sikhaiye | Spicy masala UP style potato peas curry
Video for Aloo Matar Ka Nimona
Recipe card for Spicy Matar Ka Nimona UP Style
HARE MATAR KA NIMONA KAISE BANANA HAI | SPICY MATAR KA NIMONA UP STYLE | ALOO MATAR KA NIMONA
- 1 cup fresh peas / matar
- 3 tomatoes / tamatar
- 1 inch ginger / adrakh
- 3-4 chillies / hari mirch
- 6-8 garlic cloves / lasan
- 1 black cardamom / badi elaechi
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander / dhaniya
- 2 potatoes / aloo
- 3-4 tbsp mustard oil / sarso tel
- 2 cloves / loung ( powdered
- 1 pinch asafoetida / hing
- 1 tsp cumin / zeera
- as per taste salt / nnamak
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon / dalchini
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder / lal mirch
- 1 tsp turmeric ! haldi
- 1 tsp coriander powder / dhaniya
- To a mixer grinder add 1/2 cup peas and coarsely grind them.Take it out and keep aside.
- Now to the grinder add Tomatoes, Ginger, Chillies, Garlic, Black cardamom and Coriander.Grind into a fine paste.
- Cut Potatoes in long cubes.
- Heat mustard oil till smoked out, then fry Potatoes till light golden.Strain out and keep aside.
- Keep heat low and in the remaining oil keeping heat low add Cloves powder, Asafoetida and Cumin .Let the Cumin crackle few seconds on low.
- Add coarsely grinded peas in the Oil,also remaining 1/2 cup ungrinded peas and Salt.
- Continuous stirring, saute for couple of minutes.
- Add Cinnamon powder and Garam masala continue stirring for another couple of minutes.
- Add made paste, red chilli powder, turmeric and Coriander powder.
- Over low saute till the paste dries.Add about 1 cup Water and then cover and cook over low to medium till Water dries.
- Now again add about 2 cups of Water and fried Potatoes.
- Mix, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- At last sprinkle some fresh Coriander and serve with Roti or Steaming Rice.
Don’t worry if the sugar doesn’t melt in butter.Eventually it will melt while baking.