Dry chilli baby corn indo Chinese style | Restaurant style honey chilli baby corn starter | Crispy chilli baby corn without frying | Hotel style crispy baby corn appetizer | Crispy chilli baby corn is a popular indo Chinese starter snack. It’s a mouth watering delicacy specially for vegetarians. As the name tells tender baby corn are fried and made crisp from outside like Fritter and then enjoyed with a umami sauce.
Crispy baby corn dry or wet gravy recipe
Restaurants or hotels serve chilli baby corn either wet dipped in sauce as a baby corn manchurian with little gravy or dry as a starter baby corn snack as appetizer.
Crispy chilli baby corn without frying
For diet conscious people, a healthy version of baby corn can be made without frying the baby corn .I sometimes prefer to air fry them or bake them after dipping in batter for a lighter but still satisfying experience. Choosing this method will restrict oil content but still retain the crispiness of baby corn and make you enjoy a guilt free snack.
Other than that you can also consider shallow frying the baby corn.
Restaurants style honey chilli baby corn
Restaurants also serve honey chilli baby corn like honey chilli potatoes. In this recipe here I have not added honey.Addition of honey adds little subtle sweetness to compliment the spiciness of the sauce. It totally depends on the personal choice of the individual to go with or without honey.
Dry chilli baby corn indo Chinese style | Restaurant style honey chilli baby corn starter | Crispy chilli babycorn without frying | Hotel style crispy baby corn appetizer
Video for best crispy chilli baby corn
Recipe card for easy crisp chilli baby corn recipe
Best and Easy Crispy chilli baby corn recipe | crispy tomato chilli baby corn | Stir fry chilli baby corn Manchurian
- 6 Babycorns
- 2 tbsp All purpose Flour / Maida
- 4 tbsp Corn Starch
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
OIL for frying
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Big Onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup Soya nuggets
- 1 Capsicum
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Paste or as per your taste
- 1 tsp Garlic & Ginger Paste
- 4 Tomatoes made into purée
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Optional
- Slice Baby Corns in whatever shape you like and keep it aside.
- Take All purpose flour, Corn starch,Salt, Pepper and Garlic Paste all together in a bowl and add water to it, prepare a batter which is neither too thick nor too thin.
- Drop the sliced Baby Corns in the batter nicely coating them with the batter mix and then drop them into the hot Oil to deep fry until golden brown.
- For the gravy in the hot Oil add finely chopped Onions and sauté them till they get translucent.
- After this add soften Soya nuggets and salt keep on sauting.
- Then add chopped Capsicum and keep on sauting.
- After sauting for about 3 min add Chilli Paste along with Garlic & Ginger Paste.
- Then add Tomato purée, Soya sauce,Tomato sauce and fried Baby Corns .Mix everything well.
- Add water and after it starts boiling put off the heat,cover it up and give it a standing time of atleast 5 min.
- Serve hot with your bread.
- Use fresh tender baby corn for best results
- Ensure the batter is not too thick and well coats the baby corn.
- Serve immediately to get the crispyness of the recipe.