Phirni is a traditional sweet dish which is usually associated with Kashmiri cuisine.Phirni can be made plain or in any flavour of your choice.It can be better known as an instant kheer.
Ingredients 🙁 Serves 8 )
- 4 tbsp or 100 gm Rice
- 1 L Milk
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder / Elachi
- 1 cup Mango pulp
- Keep Rice soaked in a cup of Water for an hour.
- Next grind rice as fine as possible not throwing away water.
- Keep milk to boil and when it comes to boil add ground rice.
- Let the rice to Cook till it gets tender and milk one fourth
- In between add condensed milk and green cardamom.
- Now within 15 minutes milk gets one fourth and rice tender add mango pulp.
- Mix and boil till reasonably thick then put off your stove.
- Use the kind of rice that easily gets soft.
- Make Phirni in any flavour as you like.
- Keep on stirring rice to avoid burning and sticking to the base of vessel below.
- To make Phirni thick pour in earthenware so it absorbs excess water and gets thick.