Although layered paratha is made everywhere from north to south India with different names like Malabar paratha or Karala paratha but in Hyderabad this Lachha paratha is made using some added ingredients in the flour and is called Bidari paratha.Lets make it.
Ingredients:- ( Serve 8 )
- 1 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour / Atta
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Suji
- 1/2 tsp or as per as per taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Some Ghee applying and roasting
- Combine Refined flour,Wheat flour,Semolina ,Salt,Carom seeds and Oil together in a bowl.
- Now adding Water little at a time make a soft dough.
- Keep the dough covered aside to set for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll it out into a roti dusting flour if required.
- Apply little 1-2 teaspoon ghee over the roti and then sprinkle with some flour.With a lite hand rub it all over the roti.
- Now fold the roti inwards like a paper fan to get layers in the roti.
- After it’s done stretch it little applying Ghee and flour again over the flat even side.
- Now roll it inwards tucking in the extra portion.Dusting little flour roll out a roti again.
- Drop it over the hot Tawa / Griddle and roast applying 1-2 teaspoon of Ghee on both sides till brown spots.
- Remove and serve the Hyderabadi layered Bidari paratha hot with any your choice of curry.
- Cook over low-medium pressing the Roti / paratha with a spatula to get a crispy texture.