If you are a fan of Indian cuisine then you must have tried Puri’s. Let’s take it a little further and learn to make a step-by-step recipe of Peas/Matar stuffed matar ki Puri.
Peas Recipe Indian
After potatoes Peas can be considered a versatile ingredient in Indian cooking that not only adds color and texture to cuisine but also gives health benefits because it’s high in protein.
Matar Puri Ki Recipe
Classic Indian this matar ki recipe is a timeless dish combined with fresh peas, and aromatic spices, creating a hearty flavorful recipe. The matar ki puri is made from tender peas infused with spices that evoke isa feeling of great homemade comfort food, thus making it a favorite across generations.
Matar Ki Puri Kaise Banti Hai or Matar Puri Banane Ki Vidhi:
Discover the art of crafting out perfect irresistible crispy and flavorful green matar puris. Here we will answer the question Matar ki puri kaise banti hai from kneading the dough to frying the puris. These deep-fried savory delights are filled with spiced peas, encased in a golden-brown, crispy exterior. Serve them with a side dish of chutney or yogurt that satisfies both taste buds and cravings.
You can make some experiments and innovations in the recipe by adding some more greens in it like blanched spinach and fresh or dry fenugreek which can add more flavor
There are other matar recipes where tender matar acts as a complimentary main ingredient with other ingredients creating a symphony of flavors like Aloo matar, Kashmiri Matar Palak, Shahi Matar Paneer, Matar Paneer Bhurji, and Gobi Matar Samosa. These are bound to impress your family and friends.
1. Can dough for Matar Puri be made in advance?
Yes, the dough can be prepared in advance of time and then refrigerated. This can save your time when ready to cook.
2. CAN FROZEN PEAS BE USED FOR THIS RECIPE?
Yes, frozen peas can be used if fresh peas are not available after thawing. However, fresh peas provide a better taste.
3. Are matar puris gluten-free?
Traditional matar puris are made with wheat flour, so they are not gluten-free. However, you can experiment with other flour such as Rice flour or Millet flour for gluten-free Matar puri.
4. Can I adjust the spice level?
Absolutely! You are free to adjust the amount of spices to be added according to your choice.
5. What can be served with matar puri?
Matar puris get well with a variety of side dishes, like potato curry, chutney, yogurt, or even pickle.
6. Are matar puris a good choice to make for special occasions?
Definitely! Matar puris are a classic popular choice for any special meal or celebration in Indian households.
Video How To Make matar Ki puri at home
Recipe Card – How To Make matar puri at home
how to make matar Ki puri at home | Matar Puri Banane Ka Tarika
- 2 cup Whole wheat flour / Chapati Atta
- 1 cup Pea / Matar
- As per taste Salt / Namak
- 3-4 Chillies / Mirch
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves / Dhaniya
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrakh
- 1 tsp Carom / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp Oil / Tel
- Oil to fry
- In a mixer grinder grind Peas, Chillies, Salt, Coriander, Ginger, Carom And Cumin all put together into a paste.
- Add this to the flour with Oil and then mix it.
- Now adding Water little at a time Knead the flour into a semi soft dough.
- Applying little Oil, take small portions of the dough roll it out into Puri’s which are not too thin.
- Fry these Matar puri in medium hot Oil ,till golden .
- Serve with any Sabji of your choice and enjoy.