Easy Spicy Indian Lemon Rice | Best Chitrannam | How to Make Instant One Pot Lemon Rice. Lemon rice can be said a type of fried rice also called chitrannam in South Indian language.It’s a spicy and tangy rice recipe made using leftover rice. Not being a South Indian my first acquaintance with Lemon rice came when I started staying in a Banglore hostel for my job. Here we use to get lemon rice every alternate day in our lunch box and I started loving it from my first portion.
Lemon rice is a very easy-to-make rice recipe usually made using white rice but you can even make Lemon rice with Brown rice. Lemon rice is made using very simple ingredients. You can make instant Lemon rice and store it by refrigerating fried premix of these ingredients time before you are planning to prepare it.Its such a recipe that you can easily make and pack for your kids’ tiffin box as it can be literally made within five minutes.A very special quality of Lemon rice is that it doesn’t easily stale because of Lemon,Oil and Turmeric as it’s main ingredients though made using leftover rice or precooked rice.And you can enjoy it in your lunch box even it’s not too hot while eating.
Now you can experiment with Lemon rice by adding some more ingredients to it which are not added in an authentic Lemon rice recipe. Like, add Garlic to make special Garlic lemon rice or add Pepper to make Pepper lemon rice.
Video best Lemon rice recipe
Easy Spicy Indian Lemon Rice | Best Chitrannam | How to Make Instamt One Pot Lemon Rice
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil / Til Ka tel
- 1/2 tsp split Bengal Gram / Tuta chana
- 1/2 tsp whole Black Gram / Urad saboot
- 1/4 tsp Mustard / Rai
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Hinge
- 3 slit Chillies / Mirch
- 1 tbsp half Cashews / Kaju
- 1 tbsp Peanuts / Moongfali
- 10-12 Curry leaves / Kadi patta
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1 cup cooked Rice / Pakke Chawal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Cheeni ( Optional ]
- Salt to taste / Namak swad anusar
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- In hot Oil add Tuta chana and Urad Dal.Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next keeping heat low add Mustard seeds and Hinge.Let the Mustard crackle few seconds.
- Next goes in Chillies, Cashews, Peanuts and Curry leaves.
- Continue sauting over low for a minute.
- Add Ginger paste ,give it a stir and within 20-30 seconds add cooked Rice.
- Along with Turmeric,Sugar and Salt.Keep on stirring to well mix everything.
- Now add the Lemon juice and again give it a mix.
- Keep covered for about 2 minutes on low and it’s ready.
- Don’t over-fry the dal otherwise it will become hard.
- Don’t over-fry the Rice.
- Don’t add Turmeric in Oil otherwise Rice will turn Orange.