How to make Raw Mango Murabba | Raw Mango Jam | Healthy sugar-free Recipe of Kache Aam Ka Murabba. Mango is the favorite fruit of summer. There are various recipes that are made using mango be it in raw form or in ripe form. So lets straight away come to the point because of which we are on this page is Murabba. Murabba is a kind of Jam called so in the Middle East and some parts of Asia.Its made with fruit pieces and some spices and herbs.
Among various other murabba recipes most popular is Amla murabba. Now Murabba can be made using either ripe Mangoes or raw Mangoes. Here we will be making a healthy sweet and sour kache aam Ka murabba without using sugar in any form. Some people have murabba in a conventional form of jam to apply over a paratha or bread but some take it as a dessert. How do you like to enjoy murabba, do give your comments below.
How to make Keri Ka murabba
Raw mango is also known as Keri.It’s a very popular and loved recipe not only in Rajasthan but also the whole of north India. Traditionally this aam Ka murabba is made using sugar but to give it a healthy twist you can even make it using Jaggery and if you want to completely avoid sugar give it a more natural raw sweet taste with Dates. Now to make murabba whichever type of Mango you choose, make sure it’s not having too much fiber in it. So Dussehra, Langda, or Rajapuri can be the right choice.
Other than murabba there are some more recipes that are made with both ripe and raw mangoes please do check them out – kache aam ka chunda, Mango burfi, Mango icecream, Mango pickle, Mango shrikhand, Mango phirni and many more.
Video recipe of Kache aam ka murabba without sugar
Recipe card of Kache aam ka murabba without sugar
Raw Mango Jam | Recipe of Kache Aam Ka Murabba Without Sugar
- 2 cups Raw mango / Kache Aam / Keri
- 150 gm fresh Dates / Khajoor
- 1/2 tsp Clarified butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon / Dalchini
- 2 black Cardamom / Badi elaechi
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds / Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- 1/4 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1 tbsp Cashews / Kaju
- 1 tbsp Almonds / Badam
- 1 tbsp Melon seeds / Magaj
- 1 tbsp Raisin / Kishmish
- Few Saffron threads / Kesar
- Peel and cut raw Mango into small cubes.
- Using 1/2 cup warm Water grind Dates into a paste.
- In a Pan add Clarified butter.
- After the butter gets warm add Fennel seeds and Cumin to it.
- Give a stir and within a few seconds drop cut Mango pieces.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes adding Salt and Cinnamon.
- Now add 1/2 cup Water and coarsely crushed black Cardamom seeds and Pepper.
- Mix and cook covered on low-medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Drop the made Dates paste, chopped Cashews, Walnuts chopped Almonds,Melon seeds,Raisins and Saffron.
- Mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes and Raw mango murabba is ready.
- You can store it in a sterilized bottle in the fridge for 10-15 days.
Step by step recipe of Kache aam ka murabba without sugar:-
- Wash peel and then dice raw Mango into small cubes discarding the stone.
2. Add about 150 gm or one cup of seedless wet Dates in a mixer grinder along with half a cup of hot water and then grind it into a fine paste.
3. Next in a pan we will take half a teaspoon of clarified butter.
4. When the butter gets a little hot drop over it one-fourth teaspoon of fennel seeds and one-fourth teaspoon of cumin seeds. Give it a stir over low heat.
5. Within a few seconds drop over it two cups of diced raw Mango pieces.
6. Also add in one-fourth teaspoon of salt and one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
7. Stir and continue cooking over medium to high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. After this, add half a cup of water.
8. Add seeds of two black cardamoms that have been coarsely crushed and one-fourth teaspoon of Pepp
9. Mix, cover, and cook on low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes or till little tender.
10. Add the made Dates paste and dry fruits.One tablespoon each of chopped Cashews, Walnuts, Melon seeds, and Almonds. You can also add Raisins and a few threads of Saffron.
11. Give a gentle mix and within another 2-3 minutes more put off your stove. A healthy Raw mango murabba is
- Always take out murabba with a dry clean spoon to improve it’s shelf life.
- You can store it in sterilised bottle in the fridge for about 15 days.