Palak paneer is an authentic Punjabi creamy Spinach and Cottage cheese sabji curry.In English Palak is spinach and Cottage cheese is Paneer.Here you will get easy quick and simple to make Palak butter masala recipe which you can make at home.
This Indian spinach and cheese recipe is made by first blanching fresh spinach and then making it into a purée. This purée is then cooked with ginger-garlic and onion using Butter and Cream as the main ingredient for cooking Palak paneer. In this conventional method of making Indian spinach paneer cheese
the recipe, you can add or skip using Tomatoes. You can also use frozen spinach instead of fresh spinach. You can make plain Palak using garlic which is called Lasooni palak.
If you are making Jain Palak paneer avoid using onion, garlic, and ginger but in Kashmiri Palak paneer you can add ginger.
For the vegan and healthy Palak paneer use Tofu instead of cottage cheese and You can substitute fresh cream with Cashew milk or Coconut milk. So you get a Tofu Palak paneer curry.
Indian chefs In restaurants especially outside India have made Saag paneer a popular vegetarian recipe. Here it’s not necessary to blanch the Palak or grind it into a purée. Usually, Palak is combined with another Saag which means a leafy vegetable like Methi / Fenugreek or Mustard leaves / Sarso Saag or Amarnath Saag it’s just made smooth with the help of a ladle.This is Saag paneer sabzi.Here the flavor of Methi gets more dominant or is used more than Palak it will become the Methi Palak paneer recipe.
There are other Palak recipes that are also very tasty, always try to use Homemade Paneer and do check out more Paneer recipes like Paneer Pasanda, Crispy Chilli Paneer, Paneer Malai Kofta, Paneer Tikka, Paneer Maggi Makhani, Shahi Matar Paneer, Veg Egg Masala Gravy and many more.
Video Malai Palak Paneer Makhani Ki Sabji Recipe
Malai Palak Paneer Makhani Ki Sabji Recipe
Step by Step Best Malai Palak Paneer Makhani Ki Sabji | Easy Shahi Masala Butter Palak Paneer Restaurant Style
- 500 gm Spinach / Palak
- 300 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1 tbsp Butter / Makhan
- 2 Onion / Pyaz
- 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1 tsp Garlic paste / Lasan
- 1 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1 tsp Chilli paste / Mirch
- 2 Black cardamom / Badi elaechi
- 1 inch Cinnamon / Dalchini
- As per taste Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cream / Malai
- To blanch Spinach keep it dipped in boiled Water for a minute and then immediately strain out and drop in chilled ice Water.
- After it gets completely chilled strain out take out squeeze out excess Water then drop it into a mixer grinder.
- Also add Tomatoes, Black cardamom and Cinnamon.
- Add little more water if required then grind it into a fine puree.
- Heat Oil and Butter together and then fry Paneer pieces in it till sauté golden.Then strain out and keep aside.
- In remaining hot Oil at a low heat add Cumin and let it crackle few seconds.
- Next add Ginger and Garlic paste.Saute for a minute keeping heat low.
- Drop finely chopped Onion, Salt and Chilli paste.Saute Onion till translucent.
- Over this keeping heat low drop Turmeric powder and within few seconds add the made Spinach purée.
- Stirring occasionally till the the purée starts splattering.Next add fried Paneer pieces, 1 to 2 cups of Water and Garam masala.
- Give a lite stir, cover and cook on medium for just 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with Rice,Paratha or Naan.