If you love to have indo Chinese cuisine, then Chilli paneer will be definitely one of your favourite recipes. It’s made dry as a Paneer Manchurian or with gravy served in many restaurants. Chilli Paneer is often served as a popular appetizer in many restaurants, especially for vegetarians. At homemade chilli paneer, no use of food colour or MSG is done so it can be considered much healthy than what we get in restaurants but still you will find it turns out to be very tasty if all the ingredients are added in the right proportion.
Chilli paneer can also be made with or without honey. You can find chilli paneer served dry as an appetizer or starter. Paneer chilli is also served semi-dry with Roti and Naan and with gravy its served best with fried rice and noodles.
Chilli paneer can be considered a vegetarian version of Chilli chicken and instead of Paneer if you make it with Tofu,it can be a vegan version.
It’s best to take full cream Paneer or homemade Paneer to make a Chilli paneer recipe restaurant style. And also keep in mind to hold all the ingredients ready nearby while preparing chilli paneer, as its a Chinese recipe where everything is cooked on high heat very quickly.
Other Paneer recipes
Video Paneer Chilli recipe
Recipe of Chilli Paneer
Crispy Paneer Chilli Recipe | Make Chinese Chilli Paneer Dry And With Gravy
- 4 tbsp Refined flour / Maida
- 3 tbsp Corn flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste / Adrakh -Lasan
- 1/2 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- Some Water / Pani
- 250 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- OIl / Tel
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1 tbsp chopped Garlic/ Lasan
- 1 tbsp chopped Ginger / Adrakh
- 1 big Onion / Pyaz
- 1 small Capsicum / Shimla mirch
- 1 +1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies / Hari mirch
- 1 tsp chilli sauce or paste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Let’s start by making a semi thick batter with a mix of Refined flour, Corn flour, Salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, Ginger – Garlic paste, Pepper and some Water little at a time.
- Sprinkle some Corn flour over the pieces of Cottage cheese and then dip them in the made batter to completely coat it with the batter.
- Fry the dipped Cottage cheese pieces in hot Oil over medium heat till golden crispy.Then strain them out and keep and aside.
- Now in 1 tablespoons hot Oil add chopped Garlic and Ginger .Saute for a minute and then add green chillies, big chopped Onion and Capsicum pieces.
- Sauté over high heat stirring continuously till the Onions turn translucent.
- You can then switch of the stove now for a time being and add few spices to it – Kashmiri red chilli powder, Chilli sauce, Pepper, Soya sauce, Salt and Tomato ketchup.
- After adding all the ingredients you can again switch on the stove and add about half cup of Water .
- Also to make the gravy thick and glossy add a slurry of Corn flour.
- Mix and let it come to boil.Before switching off the stove add the fried paneer pieces and mix everything gently.
Q. Where was chilli paneer originated?
A, Chilli paneer basically is an Indian recipe which came from the eastern part of India and with the use of so Chinese cuisine ingredients and technique of cooking it turned into an Indo-Chinese recipe.Q. Is chilli paneer good for health?
A. Chilli paneer can not be considered a healthy recipe if made in its original style. It’s more of a party recipe. But yes Paneer itself is very healthy, and rich in protein and Potassium.Q. Can chilli paneer be made without corn flour?
A. Yes, Chilli paneer can be made without Cornflour. Instead of giving cornflour coating for crispiness, you can give a rice flour coating. And to make the gravy thick use Tomato puree instead of Tomato ketchup.Q. What is chilli paneer made of ?
A. Chilli paneer is made of Paneer which is Cottage cheese in English. Paneer is cut into cubes, crispy fried and then cooked with soya sauce, vinegar and some more spices and herbs.Q. Can chilli paneer help in weight loss? \
A. Paneer in itself is a healthy ingredient which is also low in carbs or you can also opt for Tofu. Instead of frying paneer consider air frying or baking adding less Oil to make the gravy with lots of seasonal veggies. Some of these changes will make chilli paneer a healthy option for weight loss.
- To make a Corn flour slurry in one tablespoon of Corn flour add about two tablespoons of Water.