Paneer Makhani also known as Paneer butter masala Is a yummy delicious creamy cottage cheese recipe that is called Paneer in Hindi. If you go to any restaurant or Dhaba in any part of India there will be always Paneer Makhani masala on the menu list available, especially for vegetarians. Paneer butter masala is a vegetarian substitute for the very popular non-vegetarian recipe chicken butter masala.
A very big and important specialty of Paneer Makhani masala is not only its gravy or the sauce which is very creamy and smooth in texture but also the quality of the Paneer which is to be used should also be very soft and full cream paneer. Other than that the basic medium of making this Paneer is butter. Its not only the sauce which is made in butter but also the Paneer used is fried in butter Although some do not prefer to fry paneer cubes still here we have lightly fried Paneer in butter.
Do try out other Paneer recipes but before that don’t forget to learn how to make perfect soft Homemade Paneer.. Do try out other recipes both sweet and savory with Paneer such as Maggi Makhani, Paneer Tikka, Paneer Khandavi, Paneer Jalebi, Malai Palak Paneer, Amritsari Paneer Kulcha, Eggless Egg Curry and more.
Video Best Butter Paneer Makhani Curry Recipe
Best Butter Paneer Makhani Curry Recipe
How to Make Best Butter Paneer Makhani Curry Recipe | Butter Paneer Masala Makhaniwala Curry
- 300 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 3 tbsp Butter / Makhan
- 2 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 2 Onions / Pyaz
- 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrakh
- 12 Garlic Cloves / Lasan
- 2 Chillies / Mirch
- 1/4 cup Cashews / Kaju
- 1 inch Cinnamons / Dalchini
- 2 Black Cardamom/ / Badi elaechi
- 4 Green cardamom / Choti elaechi
- 1 Bayleaf / Tej patta
- 4 Cloves / Loung
- As per taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp chopped Ginger / Adrakh
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 tsp Coriander / Dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek leaves / Kasoori methi
- 1-2 tbsp fresh Cream / Malai
- In a pan add about 1 tablespoon butter then over this drop roughly chopped onions, roughly chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chilies, cashews, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, green cardamom, Bayleaf, Cloves, salt.and 1 cup Water.
- Cook covered on high for 15 minutes or till everything is soft.
- Cool and put into a mixer grinder to make a paste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Butter with Oil and fry Paneer cubes sprinkling a little bit of salt over them,till golden and then strain out.
- In the remaining Oil keeping heat low add chopped Ginger,Sauté for a minute and then switch off the stove.
- Now in the residing heat of the oil add Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin seed powder, and garam masala.
- Roast the spices in hot oil for about a minute and then add to it the grinded masala.
- Switch on the heat and sauté the masala stirring continuously till you see a change in the colour of masala, it dries and little bit oil comes up.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of water depending on how much gravy you want in your butter paneer masala or Paneer Makhani.
- Also add fried Paneer pieces to it. Cover it up and keep it to cook over a medium heat for about 15 minutes or till gravy gets a bit thicker.
- Add Dry Fenugreek leaves / Kasoori methi, give a lite stir and then switch off.
- Before serving add fresh cream to it and you can serve it with Naan or Paratha.