Cheesy Surat Street Food Paneer Ghotala | Paneer Ghotala Masala | Veg Paneer Ghotala Recipe | Surti Ghotala is the original name which it is called locally. Veg Paneer Ghotala basically originated to counter its egg version which is also called Egg ghotala. Both these recipes are types of gravy recipes made out of the dry bersion burjee recipe.That is scrambled eggs and crumbled Paneer.Be it egg or paneer no use of gravy is done and you can include a variety of veggies..But the difference in Paneer Ghotala is that we don’t add too many veggies as compared to the burjee.
There is a bit of humor attached to this unique name as Ghotala means scam. God knew what was in that person’s mind who innovated this recipe.
This Surat Special paneer curry recipe is made very rich in its taste and texture and may be to replicate its original egg version. You will find a lot of cream and cheese in it like mozzarella or cheddar or even processed cheese.
Video Paneer Ghotala recipe
Cheesy Surat Street Food Paneer Ghotala | Paneer Ghotala Masala | Veg Paneer Ghotala Recipe |
PANEER GHOTALA SABZI
- 200 gm Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 2 Onion / Pyaz
- 2 Tomato / Tamatar
- 1/2 cup Capsicum / Shimla mirch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1 tsp Garlic paste / Lasan
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrakh
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1 tsp Coriander powder / Dhaniya
- 1/2 Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Green chilli paste / Hari mirch
- Salt to taste / Namak
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek / Kasoori methi
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- Cheese Optional
- Buns / Pav
- Some pav bhaji masala
- Some fresh Coriander leaves / Hara Dhaniya
- Some Butter
- Grate Paneer and keep it aside.
- In hot Oil add Cumin and let it crackle on low for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped Onions and sauté till translucent.
- Next drop in Ginger paste and Garlic paste.
- Continue stirring over low for 30-60 seconds .
- Add finely chopped Tomatoes,Salt and Chilli paste.
- Sauté using a crusher till Tomato are mushy soft and Oil separates.
- Now add to it chopped Capsicum pieces and continue sauting over medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- Put again heat to low and drop red chilli powder,Coriander powder,Turmeric and Garam masala.
- Roast in the spices for and about a minute.
- Next add in the grated Paneer,well mix to coat it with the masala.
- Add about 1 cup of Water and mix to get a even mix.
- Cover and let the Paneer ghotala get cooked on low for about 15 minutes.
- Next add in the Kasoori methi,fresh Coriander and fresh cream- giving it a lite stir.
- Serve with crispy golden Pav buns roasted in a blend of hot Butter,fresh Dhaniya leaves and some Pav Bhaji masala