Badam Pista barfi is the most commonly made Burfi not only in northern India but even in other regions of country.Its a simple preparation but is rich in taste and flavour as it’s totally made of dry fruits without using any flour.The taste of Badam Burfi will also wholly depend on the quality of Almonds used as there are lots of varieties of Almond available but the most superb or superior of all are the Almonds of Kashmir.Kashmiri Almonds have a very different and unique sweetness and taste.Here we are making Badam Burfi from the basic commonly available Almonds.
- 230 gm Almonds / Badam
- 1+1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 5 tbsp Milk powder
- 1 tsp Green cardamom / Hari Elachi
- 1 tsp Clarified butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tbsp Pistachio
- Soak Almonds in hot boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- After this you will be able to easily squeeze out the Almonds out of the skin.
- Then spread out the Almonds over a clean cotton cloth to dry under fan for about an hour.
- Grind Almonds into a smooth paste like consistency.
- Add Sugar and Water to a pan and let the Sugar melt over a low.
- Then keeping your heat to medium boil till you get one thread consistency.
- Now put off stove and start mixing till you get a dough like consistency.
- Spread out a clean plastic wrap brush Clarified butter on it and drop the made Badam dough over it.Knead with the help of plastic wrap for few minutes or until smooth.
- Then spread it out with a lite hand with rolling pin.
- Now sprinkle Pistachio over it and keeping a plastic wrap move the rolling pin over it.
- At last cut in triangles or your desired shape .
- Serves 15-20 pieces.
- Don’t grind too many Almonds at once to get a smooth lumps free paste.
- To check sugar consistency take a little syrup from back of the ladle over your index finger and check between your first finger and thumb.If you find it less sticky and see one thread then it’s perfect.
- If you are not getting the dough consistency don’t worry,keep on mixing over a low heat for sometime till you arrive at the desired stage.
- In fridge you can store the Badam Pista Burfi for about a month.