If you’re a fan of Indian street food, then you must have come across the crispy tempting small crunchy disc-shaped papdi. snack You can enjoy it as a standalone snack or as one of the main ingredients that adds crunch to Indian chaat recipes. Papdi never fails to please the taste buds of any food lover. Here let’s go through the process of making papdi at home and for sure with a recipe that is going to never fail and will definitely impress a foodie.
There are very few ingredients that are required to make Papdi – All-purpose flour, semolina, carom seeds, salt, and oil. Combine everything in a mixing bowl. Gradually, incorporate water until you get a firm stiff dough. Next, make small puri’s and fry out delightful crunchy and crisp homemade Papdi.
After mastering the art of making perfect Papdi gathiya you can pair it with various toppings, Curd, and chutneys to create mouth-watering chaat to get an authentic street food experience at home.
Video How to Make Homemade Papdi Recipe
How to Make Homemade Papdi Recipe
How to Make Homemade Papdi to Make Chaat Papdi | How to make papdi gathiya
- 1 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Semolina / Suji
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- 1/4 cup Water
- Mix all the ingredients together till the flour turns flaky and then knead the flour into a stiff dough using water.
- Keep the dough covered aside for about 15 min.
- Divide dough in small portions and spread in 2 inch diameter thin round sheets or puris.
- Keep them to dry for at least an hour.
- Fry in hot Oil over low to medium until golden brown.
- Cool and store.
- You can roll out one single big thin sheet and then cut papdi’s using a cookie cutter.