Biscuit roti recipe from jharkhand | Milona roti is a special crisp roti recipe from the state of Bihar – Jharkhand.Milona ki roti often known as ‘Biscuit Roti’ is a part of cherished traditional cuisine.
How to make Milona ki roti
The recipe of Milona roti is not only very simple and easy to make even for beginners but also has the ingredients that are used in daily cooking.Here what matters is the technique of making Milona roti which makes it really special not only in taste but also the texture.Wheat flour/Aata and Gram flour/Besan are the two main flours used to make this delicious roti with some added spices like Cumin and Carom.Adding these spices to Milona roti makes it easy to digest, giving it a health benefit angle.
MILONA ROTI VARIATIONS
If you are a cooking enthusiast, you can make any variations of this recipe of Milona roti. adding a twist to the dish.Lets taken some options one by one – instead of using wheat flour make a gluten free version of Milona ki roti by adding millet flour.Although now Clarified butter/Desi ghee is considered healthy, you can either completely replace it with any other cooking medicine of your choice or limit the quantity of ghee used to make a healthy Milona ki roti.
Also you can go one step further by making stuffed Milona roti, having a Potato filling or any other filling of your choice. But by doing this you will lose the original taste and crisp biscuit feel and texture of milona roti recipe.
Milona roti vs Paratha
Although Milona roti and paratha share some similarities in terms that both are made over tawa with added ghee to roast it but still they are different not only in terms of flavour and texture but also in the technique of preparation.Milona roti is prepared in such a way that it can also be kept stored for few days unlike a paratha.This is one of the reason why it’s called Biscuit roti.
Video For Jharkhand special milona roti
Recipe card Milona Ki Roti Recipe
Easy to make Best Milona ki roti recipe| How to make Bihar Jharkhand Special Milona ki roti | Biscuit roti recipe from jharkhand
- 1 cup Wheat flour / Aata
- 1 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 5 to 6 tbsp Clarified butter / Desi ghee
- 1/2 tsp or to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
- 1 tsp or to taste Chilli paste / Hari mirch
- Mix wheat flour, Gram flour and about 4 tbsp hot desi ghee.
- Rub in the ghee within the flour.and blend in the ghee properly.
- Next add Salt, Chilli paste,Cumin, Carom and Nigella seeds.
- Well mix everything.
- Add Water gradually and make a stiff dough.
- Keep the dough covered for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 4 equal parts and roll it out into thick roti.
- Roast the roti on Tawa on low to medium heat adding 2 to 3 tsp ghee on both sides.
- Remove when it gets light brown spots and crisp.
- Enjoy with any curry of your choice.
- Less than 1/2 cup of Water is used to bring together the dough.
- Don’t over-knead the dough, make a stiff dough, and cook on low to medium – all these points will help you to make Milona roti crisp. which is its USP..