A popular dish from south India made in an instant way without soaking or fermentation with this healthy and tempting vegetable instant masala uttapam.
This south Indian delicacy of Instant masala uttapam is a delightful combination of fresh ground rice made into a batter with colorful vegetables, and aromatic spices which can be a breakfast treat that never fails to impress. This versatile dish of vegetable uttapam allows for various vegetable combinations and can be customized to suit individual preferences. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, or as a light meal.
Vegetable uttapam is an easy-to-make breakfast recipe made by using freshly chopped vegetables, ground soaked rice. And with a mix of some spices to add more flavor. These chopped veggies such as onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, and green chilies are generously scattered over the batter, infusing the dish with vibrant hues and refreshing flavors. The vegetables add a delightful crunch and a burst of freshness to every bite of vegetable uttapam. The masala added to the batter. Is a special spice mix, consisting of Carom seeds, coriander, Chili, and other aromatic spices, adding a savory and tangy kick to the dish
Now we get a delightful batter that is then spread on a hot griddle to form a thick pancake-like uttapam.
To get a perfectly cooked vegetable uttapam, it is crucial to maintain the right balance of heat and time. The griddle or tawa should be heated to medium-high, ensuring even cooking and a golden-brown crust. Nonstick ensures easy and hassle-free cooking but even if you are cooking this veg rice uttapam over an iron tawa than cover it up with the lid after spreading the battle and keep the heat at low. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes. The uttapam is cooked on one side until it turns crispy and lightly browned then its carefully flipped to cook the other side, resulting in a soft and well-cooked center.
Vegetable uttapam is traditionally served hot with an array of flavorful accompaniments. A side dish of coconut chutney, tomato chutney, or mint chutney provides a cooling and tangy contrast to the uttapam. These accompaniments enhance the flavors of the masala uttapam and create a harmonious balance of taste.
Video Recipe Instant Rice Masala Uttapam Roti
Recipe Instant Rice Masala Uttapam Roti
Instant Rice Masala Uttapam Roti |Veg Uttapam Without Fermenting
- 1 cup Rice / Chawal
- 1 + 1/4 cup Water / Pani
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrakh
- 1/4 cup Carrot / Gajjar
- 2 medium Onions / Pyaz
- 2 green Chillies / Hari mirch
- 1/4 cup Peas / Matar
- 1 big Tomato / Tamatar
- 1 big boiled Potato / Aloo
- 1 tsp or to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes / Pissi Sukhi Lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tbsp Dry Fenugreek / Kasoori methi
- 1 tsp Coriander chutney or 1 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander/ Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Mango powder / Aamchur
- Oil to roast
- Rinse and keep Rice soaked in 1 cup Water for 3-4 hours.
- Then grind Rice adding Ginger into a thin batter. Add little more Water if required.
- Finely chop Carrot and Onion along with green Chilies.
- Also in a chopper chop Peas into about four parts .We will also chop Tomatoes.
- Add all the chopped veggies and finely mashed boiled Potatoes in the made Rice batter, along with Salt, Chilli flakes, Carom seeds, dry Fenugreek, Coriander and Mango powder. You can add little Water to adjust consistency of the batter.
- In a non stick pan or Tawa add about 2 tsp Oil, then drop and spread the batter. not too thick nor thin keeping heat on low.
- Drop about 2 tsp Oil more over it. Cover and let it cook on low for 2-3 minutes.
- After it’s done flip and let this Rice Uttapam Paratha Cook on other side too.( To make it crisp keep on pressing with spatula while roasting )
- One Rice roti Paratha takes 5-7 minutes to cook.
- Serve hot with green Chutney.