Mixed veg paratha is a very popular type of paratha in northern India. Paratha is made from a portion of wheat dough rolled out into a flatbread which can either be stuffed or plain.
These veg parathas are made from seasonal vegetables in winter you can make stuffing out of Cabbage, Cauliflower, Carrot, Capsicum, Peas, Spinach, fresh Fenugreek, and so on. In winter some vegetables are individually enjoyed as a paratha filling like we have Mooli / Reddish paratha and Gobi / Cauliflower paratha most common and popular types of Paratha. And for summer we have Aloo/Potato paratha and Paneer/ Cottage cheese paratha.
Stuffed paratha being high in nutrition and very filling can be taken as a heavy breakfast. The vegetable paratha recipe remains soft for a longer time due to the moisture of the veggies and the Oil used to Knead the dough, so you can pack them for the lunch box and you won’t require any other Sabzi to be taken with it, Just some pickle or Curd will be fine.
The stuffing for veg paratha can be either just put raw mixed with some spices or you can make the filling by sauteing the veggies if you want to increase the shelf life of the paratha and keep them soft for a long.
Video Recipe of Mixed Veg Paratha
Recipe of Mixed Veg Paratha
Vegetable Paratha Recipe | How to Make Mixed Veg Paratha
- 2 tbsp Oil / tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1/2 tsp Carom / Ajwain
- 1 Onion / Pyaz
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrakh
- 2 tbsp chopped Carrot / Gajar
- 2 tbsp chopped Capsicum / Shimla mirch
- 1/2 cup Cabbage / Patta Gobi
- Salt to taste / Namak
- 2-3 Chillies / Hari mirch
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Mango powder / Amchur
- 1 tsp Coriander / Dhaniya chutney
- 1 tbsp Dry Fenugreek / Kasoori methi
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1 +1/2 cup Wheat flour / Aata
- Less than 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2-3 tbsp Oil / Tel
- Oil or Ghee for roasting
- Heat Oil and add Cumin and Carom to it.Let it crackle few seconds on low.
- Add finely chopped Onion and Ginger paste.Saute on medium stirring intermittently till Onion get lite golden.
- Add finely chopped Carrot and chopped Chillies.
- After couple of minutes add finely chopped Cabbage and Salt.Saute till Cabbage starts changing colour.
- Now drop chopped Capsicum and continue sauting more 2-3 mins ore.
- Put heat low to add spices – Garam masala, Mango powder, Coriander chutney, Dry Fenugreek and red chilli powder.
- After adding spices put again heat to a medium mix and continue cooking for another couple of minutes or till you find veggies are soft.Then put out the heat.
- In a bowl mix flour,salt and oil together and then gradually adding water make a soft dough.
- Brush little oil over the made dough and then keep it covered for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into six equal portions and roll out each portion into a flat Roti dusting it with little flour if required.
- Please do 2 to 3 teaspoon of the filling in the centre and fold the Roti in a triangular shape.Seal it properly.
- Roast the made stuffed Paratha over a hot Griddle/Tawa on medium heat applying little Oil or Ghee on both side still it’s crispy with brown spots.
- Remove and you are ready to enjoy it.
- If you are making for children skip chilies and instead of it you can add pepper powder.
- Carrot being a hard vegetable is added in the first place.
- Instead of Dhaniya Chutney you can even add finely chopped fresh coriander which is Dhanya.
- You could also add garlic paste to it.
- While preparing Paratha keep on pressing it with a flat spatula to make it crispy.