Bread samosa is a popular easy-to-make snack in India and South Asia, Best for any kitty party or get-together. Bread Samosa is an instant-to-make replica of a popular Indian Street snack Samosa which is served with Coriander and Tamarind chutney. Just like the standard or default filling of a Samosa is Potato and Peas, in the same way, you can prepare the filling of a Bread Samosa. And if you find it difficult to shape the bread in form of a Samosa simply make a Bread roll or a Bread sandwich.No matter what the shape is taste will remain the same irrespective of any shape.
Bread Samosa can be called more of an instant version of the original Samosa. It’s much more convenient to make Bread Samosa than the original Samosa because here we are not required to make the dough meant for Samosa Cover Which obviously saves time and effort. But here there is only one catch the bread which you are using to prepare Bread Samosa should be fresh and soft so that you can easily roll it out to stuff the filling.
Now, as recently there have been many variations in the filling of Samosa like now we get cheese Samosa, Onion Samosa ( very popular in south India ), Cauliflower Samosa, Chinese Samosa, and so on, in the same way, you can make the filling of Bread Samosa as per your own choice and availability of ingredients.
Samosa be it Bread or an original Samosa, for a healthy alternative instead of frying it you can even bake or air fry it till they turn out to be crispy and golden brown. Personally, a Samosa when made originally by frying tastes better than the baked one but Bread Samosa can also taste yummy when it’s baked or air fried.
Video Recipe of Instant Bread Samosa
Recipe of Instant Bread Samosa
Quick Instant Samosa Recipe | Bread Samosa Sandwich Rolls
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1 Onion / Pyaz
- 1 tsp Ginger paste / Adrakh
- 1/2 cup Peas / Matar
- 1 tsp chopped Chillies / Hari mirch
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 2 medium boiled Potatoes / Aloo
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder / Lal mirch
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder / Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Mango powder / Amchur
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Coriander / Dhaniya
- 1/2 cup Corn flour
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Pepper / Kali mirch
- Water / Pani
- 9 Bread slices
- Some Bread crumb
- Oil to fry
- Start with making a filling for the Samosa.
- In hot Oil add Cumin and let it crackle few seconds on low
- Add Onions and sauté over low- medium till light golden.
- Now drop Ginger paste ,sauté again few seconds on low next adding Peas,Chillies and Salt.
- Keep sauting for about 5 minutes and add mashed boiled Potatoes also adding all the spices- Turmeric,Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala, Chaat masala, Mango powder and shredded Cheese .
- Mix and your filling is ready.
- Make a slurry type thin batter with Corn flour, Salt, Chilli flakes,Pepper and Water.
- Cut the four side edges of fresh bread slices and then roll them out flat.
- Place about a teaspoon of the filling over one side of the bread slice which we have rolled out and then using a small brush or your fingertips damp the edges of the bread with the made cornflour slurry .
- Close the bread slice pressing the edges together.
- Now dip this stuffed bread slice in the corn flour slurry after that coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Oil has been already kept to heat drop the breadcrumb coated stuffed bread in the hot oil to fry it over a medium heat till its golden brown and crispy.
- Strain out the bread Samosa and serve it hot with any sauce or Chutney.
- Prefer using a non stick vessel to avoid sticking of boiled mashed Potatoes.