Jalebiis a common sweet that can be literally eaten everyday available at every corner Halwai shop.These are crispy crystal like transparent juicy round pipe filled with sugar syrup.You can make this humble Indian sweet in an exotic or a simple way.We are here trying to make Jalebi in a simple traditional manner.Hope you will surely give it a try and Enjoy!
- 1 cup Refined flour / Maida
- 1 tbsp Curd / Dahi
- 1/2 cup hot Water for batter
- 1.5 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water for Sugar syrup
- 1/4 cup Orange food colour
- 1/4 cup Green Cardamom powder / Hari Elachi
- Ghee or Oil for frying
- Make a batter with Maida,Curd and Water.
- Keep batter to ferment 12-14 hours.
- Melt Sugar adding Water over low heat.
- When Sugar is melted boil for a minute over medium and then put off the stove.
- Add food colour,Cardamom powder and Lemon juice.
- In a flat bottom Kadhai heat Ghee or Oil and heat until medium hot.
- Add the batter to squeeze bottle and make jalebi over the Oil.
- Fry on both sides until crisp golden yellow.
- Immediately dunk fried Jalebi’s in warm Sugar syrup and strain out within a minute.
- Enjoy warm or chilled with Rabdi.
- Slowly little at a time add Water to get right consistency.
- Add little flour if required to get right consistency.
- When you see small bubbles on the batter it shows it’s perfectly fermented.
- The batter when made should have a ribbon like consistency when dropped from a height.
- We don’t require any thread like consistency for the Sugar syrup, it should be just sticky.
- To check stickiness of Sugar syrup take a drop between index finger and thumb from the back of your ladle few seconds after taking it out from the syrup.
- Use a small vessel to make Sugar syrup to properly dip the Jalebi.
- Lemon helps to stop crystallisation of Sugar.
- In your Kadhai Oil or Ghee should not be less than 1.5 inch deep.if less Jalebi’s turn flat.
- If your Oil or Ghee is not appropriately hot Jalebi’s will turn flat.
- To make Jalebi Halwai uses a special cloth with a hole to squeeze out Jalebi.At home you can use a piping bag to squeeze out Jalebi.
- To make crispy Jalebi’s fry on low heat.
- If the Sugar syrup is too hot or dipped in syrup for longer time,Jalebi ‘s will turn soggy.
- If the Sugar syrup is thick or is not warm enoughJalebi’s won’t absorb the syrup.