The word Schezwan originated from Sichuan province of China from where came Schezwan sauce which is a spicy and flavourful sauce.Its amalgamation of sweet, sour and spicy flavours that come from ingredients such as vinegar ,Pepper, Soya sauce and Tomato sauce.
Now when we cook some veggies like Bell Pepper, Carrot, Cabbage and spring Onion in this sauce it becomes Schezwan vegetable sauce.You can make this in advance and keep it ready stored in freezer for a long time to make instant recipes like Schezwan Vermicelli Upma, Schezwan noodles or Schezwan pasta. and veg Schezwan fried rice. This recipe can be made quick and instantly with a Schezwan veg premix sauce.
Video Recipe Veg Schezwan Tomato Fried Rice
Veg Schezwan Tomato Fried Rice Recipe
Veg Schezwan Tomato Fried Rice | Chinese Schezwan Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp Oil / Tel
- A pinch Asafoetida / Hinge
- 1/2 tsp Cumin / Zeera
- 1/2 tsp Nigella / Kalonji
- 5-7 Curry leaves / Kadi patta
- 1 cup Tomato purée
- As per taste Salt / Namak
- 5 tbsp Schezwan Veg sauce
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- In hot Oil add Asafoetida, Cumin, Nigella And let the spices crackle on low few seconds.
- Now drop curry leaves and immediately over it add tomato Puree along with salt.
- Stirring intermittently cook the tomato purée till it dries.
- Add made Schezwan vegetable sauce,give it a stir and then add cooked rice over it.
- Mix with a light hand and then keep it covered on low for about two minutes so that all the flavours are absorbed in the rice.
- And then Immediately serve hot.