Vermicelli Upma also called Sevai upma is a type of breakfast recipe that has come from south India.Seviyan is an Indian version of noodles made using Semolina. But now we get these Vermicelli Semiya made using Ragi and Rice also.
Before making these Sevai Upma you need to roast the Vermicelli as it’s small in size and more delicate than a noodle. If you cook these Sev without roasting it might break and the recipe might become mushy. Vermicelli can be made both sweet and salted. In Indian style veg Vermicelli Upma recipe sautés veggies with some spices are added.
Here we have made this Semiya Vermicelli Upma using a Schezwan Veg Sauce Premix which helps to make this recipe instantly.
Video Recipe Veg Schezwan Vermicelli Veg Upma
Veg Schezwan Vermicelli Veg Upma Recipe
Veg Semiya Upma Recipes | Vermicelli Veg Upma | Namkeen Seviya Recipe | Sewai Ka Upma
- 1 cup Vermicelli / Seviya
- 1 tsp Oil / Tel
- 5 tbsp Schezwan Vegetable Sauce premix
- As per taste Salt / Namak
- In Oil add Vermicelli and roast till golden brownish.
- Add about 1 cup Water and cook till Vermicelli gets tender.
- Now add Schezwan vegetable sauce and mix with a lite hand also adding Salt as per taste.
- If it feels too dry sprinkle some Water and cook covered on low for 2 minutes,so that all flavours are absorbed by Vermicelli.
- Serve hot.