Bhapa doi also known as ‘sweet steamed yogurt pudding’ is a traditional and popular delightful dessert from Bengal that has been cherished for ages not only in Bengal but across India. It’s a beautiful combination of hung curd with other ingredients that makes it super yummy, just like a cheesecake that melts in your mouth. Bhapa doi can be made in many flavors and here we will be exploring Bhapa doi in Mango flavor.
Mango Bhapa Doi: An Aam Doi Recipe
Mango Bhapa Doi is the best flavorful variation of the classic Bhapa Doi recipe. Here the sweetness and tanginess of flavorful ripe mango takes the dessert to a whole new height of satisfaction. The addition of mango pulp to the Bhapa doi makes it not only tasty but also visually appealing with a vibrant golden color.
The Art of Making Hung Curd
Hung curd, also known as chakka in some regions, is one of the main ingredients in the preparation for Bhapa Doi. Making hung curd is a simple process It is made by draining out the whey from fresh curd, leaving behind a thick and creamy greek-like yogurt with a velvety smooth texture.
How is Mango Bhapa Doi Made
Mango Bhapa Doi is prepared by mixing hung curd, condensed milk, and mango pulp, then steamed till firm. This process results in a velvety, creamy, and utterly indulgent dessert that literally melts into your mouth, leaving behind a burst of amazing flavor
Video How to Make Mango Bhapa Doi
OTHER SIMPLE MANGO RECIPES TO
Mango, known as the “King of Fruits,” is a summer special versatile fruit that can be used to create a wide variety of recipes. Here are some simple mango recipes that you would love to try
Recipe Card – How to Make Aam Bhapa Doi
Quick Bengali Dessert Mango Bhapa Doi Recipe | Aaam Bhapa Doi Steamed Mango Flavored Yogurt
- 1 cup Mango purée / Aam
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 1 litre Milk Curd
- Make hung Curd, by keeping curd tied in a cotton cloth over a sieve with some weight over it so that the excess Water drips off.
- After 5-6 hours hung Curd or the Greek yogurt will be ready.
- Now in this hung Curd add Condensed milk and Mango purred pulp. Give a good mix till it’s smooth lump free.
- Take a tin, grease it and then layer it with a butter paper.
- Pour the made mix over and close the tin with an aluminum foil or with a lid .
- Keep this to steam on medium for 25-30 minutest.
- Take out and let it cool down and then refrigerate till chilled.
- Take out and demold the made MangoBhapa doi like a cheese cake and garnish with some Mango pieces and Pistachios.
- For steaming use a steamer or over the stove keep Water to boil in a vessel with a stand in it and then place the tin on the stand, cover the vessel, and steam.
- Canned mangoes can be used to make Bhapa doi but that won’t give you the real flavour.