Sago Kheer | Sabudana Kheer Recipe Made With Jaggery. Sago called as Sabudana in Hindi is made by crushing raw Tapioca roots to get juice out of it which is then stored till it turns into a paste and then this paste is further processed through a machine which turns it into small white pearl balls.
Sabudana is considered ideal during the Hindu fasting period as it’s high in starch plus carbohydrates which will give the body energy to work on the other side it’s very easily digestible. So it can be a perfect option for those who want to gain weight. On the negative aspect, Sabudana does not have any significant nutritional value.
Various recipes are made using Sabudana like Sabudanav ada ,Sabudana khichadi And Sabudana kheer.
Sabudana kheer is made by boiling Sago pearls in milk with sugar or Jaggery used as a sweetener.
Video Sabudana Kheer recipe
Sago Kheer | Sabudana Kheer Recipe Made With Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Sago / Sabudana
- 500 ml Milk / Doodh
- 4 tsp Jagger / Gud
- 1/2 tsp green Cardamom / Hari elaechi
- Some dry fruit
- Soak Sabudana in 1 cup of Water for 1 hour.
- Add to a nonstick pan along with 1/2 cup more Water.
- Add Jaggery powder and chopped dry fruits.
- Continue stirring till Sabudana gets soft, and translucent and the water has almost evaporated.
- Now add milk and green Cardamom powder, and continue stirring and boiling till you get desired consistency of the Sabudana.
- Switch off and serve warm or cold.
- While cooking continues stirring Sabudana as it tends to stick to the base.
- Rinse the Sabudana couple of times before soaking it.
- For creamy Sabudana use full-fat milk.
- When Sabudana cools down it gets thicker.