Easy Hummus Recipe: Hummus is a versatile and delicious dish that originated from the Mediterranean region. If you’re wondering how to make hummus, fret not, as it is incredibly easy. This hummus recipe is a healthy and nutritious dip that will take your taste buds on a journey to the exotic flavors of the East.
To create this delectable hummus dip, you’ll only need a few simple ingredients: chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Traditionally, tahini, a paste made from ground sesame seeds, is an essential component of hummus, adding a rich and nutty flavor. In this recipe, we have already included the ingredients of tahini, so there’s no need to add it separately.
The process of making hummus is straightforward. Start by blending the cooked chickpeas, garlic, and other spices until you achieve a smooth consistency. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a tangy kick, and gradually drizzle in the olive oil to achieve a creamy texture. Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, your hummus is ready to be enjoyed!
For a delightful culinary experience, serve your freshly made hummus with warm, fluffy pita bread or falafel. The combination of creamy hummus and soft, slightly baked pita bread is simply heavenly. Alternatively, you can explore the versatility of hummus by spreading a generous layer on your favorite bread or wrap and adding fresh vegetables and protein. The possibilities are endless!
So, why not indulge in this irresistible hummus? Get ready to savor the flavors of the Mediterranean with every delicious bite.
Learn how to make more recipes that you can try –Crispy Chilli Paneer,, Crispy Instant Potato Chips, Falafel, Kolkata Veg Chop, Turkish Bread, Nepali Veg MoMo, Street Style Aloo Pakoda, Eggplant Balls
Video Best Creamy Homemade Hummus Recipe
Recipe Best Creamy Homemade Hummus
Best Creamy Homemade Hummus recipe | Hummus recipe Indian
- 1 cup Chickpeas / Kabuli channa
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak or as per taste
- 1 tsp roasted Cumin / Zeera
- 1 tsp roasted Sesame / Til
- 3 tbsp Curd / Dahi
- 5-7 tbsp Oil
- 5-6 Garlic cloves / Lasan
- 1 Lemon
- Some Chilli flakes
- 1 +1/4 cup Water / Pani
- Soak Chickpeas in 2 cups of Water overnight or for 8 hours.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes or 5-6 whistles.
- Let it cool down and then add half of them in a mixer grinder or food processor.
- Along with it add Cumin,Sesame,Curd, two tablespoons Oil, Salt,Garlic cloves, Lemon and 1/4 cup Water.Now grind for a minute
- Next add the remaining Chickpeas,3 tablespoons of Oil, and about 1 cup Water.
- Grind this into a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Store Hummus airtight in the freezer and take it out an hour before serving. Finish within a week.
- Chickpeas should be neither too soft nor too mushy after cooking.
- You should have a powerful grinder to grind Chickpeas.